This just might be the most important pregnancy class you take!
"Bringing Baby Home has given us the knowledge and skills to cope constructively with the many changes brought about by the birth of our child. We now have tools and information to help us make this transition easier on everyone (our baby, our relationship...ourselves). Thank you!"
- Former Bringing Baby Home participant
Designed for both pregnant and new parents, the Bringing Baby Home Program will give you skills and information to recognize and cope successfully with the normal stressors of becoming a family.
The program teaches couples how to:
- Increase friendship in your relationship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Involve dads in infant care and parenting
- Improve the quality of parent-infant interaction
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of your child
The Bringing Baby Home (BBH) Program is dedicated to improving the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families. This program was created and researched in the state of Washington and is now being offered across the nation and around the world. Through the success of Bringing Baby Home, millions of babies and young families at every socio-economic level and from every ethnic and racial group will be able to build a strong foundation that is emotionally sensitive to babies and family relationships.
Click here to read about the research that went into creating the BBH Program!
Goals of the Couple's Workshop:
- Learn how to maintain relationship satisfaction after having a baby
- Reduce relationship hostility and increase affection
- Promote positive parent-baby interactions
- Promote quality involvement for both parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorder
Participants will be able to:
- Explain what to expect during the transition to parenthood
- Describe child development in the first year
- Create strategies to co-parent with your partner
- Learn ways to improve communication
- Demonstrate how to strengthen friendship, intimacy, and conflict regulation skills
- Recognize the signs of postpartum mood, anxiety, and adjustment disorders and be aware of support or treatment options
Dates and Times: Next Session TBA
Place: Lewisville Family Counseling conference room at 6614 Shallowford Rd, Suite 250, in Lewisville, NC.
Cost: $300 per couple, paid upfront
Registration: Please call our office at 336-945-0137 or complete the Contact Us form at the bottom of this page and someone will contact you for more information.
Interested in sponsoring a couple who would benefit from this workshop?
Do you know a couple who would love to receive this workshop as a Baby Shower gift?
Contact us at 336-945-0137 or complete the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page for more information.
Meet the Workshop Leader:
Jennifer Locklear, Licensed Professional Counselor