Locklear is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in individual, couples, and family therapy. Jennifer maintains a private practice in Lewisville, North Carolina and founded Lewisville Family
, PLLC in January 2012.
In addition to being a prominent counselor, Jennifer is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor and a Certified Clinical Supervisor and provides clinical supervision to Licensed Professional Counselor Associates and Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist Associates who are working toward full licensure.
With over 12 years of experience as an individual and family therapist, and as a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro specializing in Community Counseling and Marriage and Family Counseling, Jennifer is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients including children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, and groups. Among her areas of expertise are cognitive behavioral therapy for the treatment of depression and anxiety; yoga for emotional health, breathing, and meditation; mindfulness; Gottman method couples counseling; substance abuse and addiction; grief counseling; parenting support; and counseling for behavioral issues. Jennifer also has an interest in spirituality and, if a client chooses, can integrate spirituality into the counseling experience.
Jennifer is an interactive counselor who practices from a multitude of perspectives. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
In her private life, Jennifer enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters, taking day trips, reading, dinners with friends, practicing yoga, and the occasional fondue.
- Graduated from Meredith College in May 1998 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a minor in Psychology
- Attended High Point University 1999-2001 as a non-degree student in Psychology
- Graduated from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in December 2004 with a Master of Science (MS) in Community Counseling and an Education Specialist (EdS) in Marriage and Family Counseling
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), since 1/26/2005
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), since 12/2/2005
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (LPCS), since 8/4/2011
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS), since 1/30/2013
- Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS), since 2/5/2013
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200), since 2/6/2015
- Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor (BCPCC), since 2/12/2015
- Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS), since 3/18/2015
- Internationally Certified Clinical Supervisor (ICCS), since 3/18/2015
- Certified Counseling Hypnotist (CCH), since 9/27/2015
- Master Addiction Counselor (MAC), since 11/30/2016
- Board Certified TeleMental Health Provider, Certificate # 894, 9/7/2018
- 117+ Hours of Training in Clinical Supervision, 2011-Present
- Intensive Training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, 2011
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Train the Trainer, 2013
- Yoga for Behavioral Health, 2013-2014
- Gottman Level 1 Training, 2014
- Gottman Level 2 Training, 2014
- Gottman Level 3 Training, 2015
- Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator, 2014
- Bringing Baby Home Program Educator, 2015
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- American Counseling Association
- Licensed Professional Counselor Association of North Carolina
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Jennifer sees children ages 6 and older, teens, adults, and couples
Jennifer accepts the following types of payment and health insurance:
- Private Payment (cash, check, credit card)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (except for Blue Value)