Call us at 336-945-0137 for more details on our counselors' rates and insurance participation!
Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted for payment.
Counselors accept private payment for counseling services. However, services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Most of our counselors are in network with Blue Cross Blue Shield (but not Blue Value, Blue Local, or Medicare). Counselors are also able to provide a Superbill that you can submit to your insurance company to request reimbursement for services. Please note that our policy is to accept private payment only for couples counseling. See more information in our Health Insurance Guide.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session, and what will my co-pay be?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you may be required to pay a late cancellation fee of $50. This fee is not covered by insurance.
Have more questions about the affordability of counseling?
At Lewisville Family Counseling, it is important to us to offer a variety of options to make counseling accessible and affordable. Here are some options to consider to help you meet your budget:
- Frequency: When you meet with your counselor, the two of you will have a conversation about how frequently you will meet. This decision is based on several factors, such as urgency, crisis, finances, your preference, and the counselor's clinical recommendation. You and your counselor can decide together how frequently to meet, taking your financial situation into consideration.
- Group Counseling: Lewisville Family Counseling is working diligently to make group counseling options available to the community. Two advantages of group counseling are affordability and group camaraderie. You know that feeling when you talk to someone who gets it ? That's group counseling!
- Interns: Lewisville Family Counseling offers a fee structure based on the licensure level of the counselor. The rate for our graduate counseling intern is just $25 per 55 minute session. That's less than most people's insurance copay.
- Superbills: If we don't take your insurance, our licensed counselors can provide you with a superbill to submit to your insurance company for possible out-of-network reimbursement.
- Health Spending Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Account (FLEX): Did you know that you may be able to use your FLEX spending account or HSA to pay for counseling services? Whether it is for a copay, deductible, or private payment, using your FLEX card or Health Spending Account may be an option. Contact your Benefits Coordinator for more information about your account.