Tanya Depetris is a Graduate Counseling Intern working with Lewisville Family Counseling. She is directly supervised by Jennifer Locklear, LCMHC, LCMHCS. Tanya earned her undergraduate degree in 2018 from Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, NC, with a major in Human Services. She is currently completing her Master’s Degree in Counseling with a focus on Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Liberty University. After graduating, she plans to pursue licensure as a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate (LCMHCA).
Most recently, Tanya completed her Graduate Practicum at Integrated Marriage and Family Therapy under the supervision of Chris Rodriguez, LMFT. During this time, she gained experience in individual and couples therapy, including both premarital and marriage counseling. Tanya also works as a Student Success Counselor for the Patrick County School System. Tanya is responsible for fulfilling the mental and behavioral health needs of 8th through 12th grade students, as well as crisis de-escalation and suicide risk assessment. Tanya has 3 children of her own who have found themselves in some unexpected life circumstances, and feels passionate about supporting parents as well as individuals, adolescents, young adults, and families as a unit.
Tanya spent many years being a devoted wife and stay-at -home mom. She and her husband recently celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary, so she understands the joys, challenges , and struggles that go along with marriage and family life. Additionally, all of her children have mental health struggles of their own, so she is familiar with parenting kids with challenges and is passionate about helping families navigate their difficulties and grow stronger together.
- Currently expects to graduate in December 2022 from Liberty University with a Master’s Degree in Counseling with a focus on Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Graduated from Gardner-Webb university in 2018 with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Human Services.
- Graduated from Forsyth Technical Community College in 2016 with an Associated in Applied Science in Human Services
- SYMBIS Certified
- Tanya sees adolescents (age 12 and up), Teenagers, adults, couples, and families.
- Private Payment (Cash, check, and credit cards accepted)