Sarah MacReynolds is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who specializes in individual, couples, and group therapy with children, adolescents, and adults. She joined the practice of Lewisville Family Counseling in January of 2016. With 16 years of experience in the mental health field, Sarah brings with her valuable experience and a sincere commitment to helping people and strengthening families.
Upon graduating from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Master of Social Work, Sarah began her career as a Substance Abuse counselor focusing on treatment for women and adolescents. She wanted to broaden her experience and began working on the inpatient psychiatric unit at Forsyth Hospital, working with children, adults, and their families who were dealing with a wide range psychiatric and substance abuse disorders. There she gained valuable experience facilitating group therapy as well as family therapy. Sarah worked at Family Services in Winston-Salem in the Adoption and Pregnancy Services, providing individual counseling and facilitating adoption services for families seeking to grow their families.
Sarah is also a certified group exercise instructor and has a special interest in total body wellness. She was a co-facilitator with the Healthy Families Program through the Sara Lee Center for Women’s Health as a Peer Support Counselor, helping adolescent boys and girls achieve healthier self-esteems and body images.
Sarah believes that achieving a well-balanced life is crucial to a healthy mind and body. She focuses her treatment on helping individuals, couples, and families find balance in their lives. She also believes in accepting clients where they are in their journey and focusing treatment on their own unique treatment goals. She tailors treatment to each individual and couple using a variety of interventions and focusing on cognitive behavioral techniques, motivational interviewing, Gottman method, and behavior modification. Her goal for treatment is to help clients learn concrete, practical tools to help in their everyday struggles through feedback and behavioral techniques. Sarah is also happy to integrate spirituality into treatment at the client’s request.
In 2012, Sarah completed the National Association of Social Workers supervision training and successfully completed the exam. She is currently able to provide clinical supervision to both LCSW and LPC candidates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, University of North Carolina at Greensboro - 2000
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – 2001
- Internship at the Child and Family Guidance Center, Dorothea Dix Hospital, Raleigh, NC – 2001
- National Association of Social Workers Clinical Supervision Training - 2012
- Gottman Level 1 Training, 2018
- Gottman Level 2 Training, 2018
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – since 2003
- Member of National Association of Social Workers – since 1999
- Sarah sees teens (typically age 15 and over), adults, and couples.
Sarah accepts the following types of payment and health insurance:
- Private Payment (cash, check, credit card)
- Most Blue Cross Blue Shield plans