Robyn Noftle is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Perinatal Mental Health Therapist. She obtained her Bachelor of Music in Music Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (2011) and her Master of Social Work from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2018). Robyn works with individuals 12 and up with a variety of emotional health issues, including: anxiety disorders, panic attacks, depression, maternal mental health, life changes, school/work problems, self-harm, and relationship issues.
In addition to years of counseling experience, Robyn also has 5 years of professional experience as a middle school teacher. It was through her teaching experience that Robyn developed a special interest in working with adolescents, their parents, and other educational professionals. As a final requirement for her MSW degree, Robyn completed her Capstone project on the impact of school-based cognitive behavioral group therapy for adolescents with social anxiety disorder. Robyn enjoys working with middle school, high school, and college students.
Over the years Robyn has also discovered a passion for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. She works with women before, during, and after pregnancy with various challenges such as infertility, pregnancy loss, anxiety, depression, OCD, relationship difficulties, and adjusting to life as a new parent. Robyn has completed extensive evidence-based training through Postpartum Support International (PSI) as a requirement for the Perinatal Mental Health Certification (PMH-C).
Robyn provides a warm and inviting environment for individuals and families. She primarily utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), but also pulls from other approaches such as solution-focused therapy, systems theory, mindfulness, and strengths-based approaches. Robyn uses a variety of interventions tailored to meet the individual needs of clients. Her goal is to meet clients where they are in their journey, and to support their self-identified goals for treatment.
- Graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 2018, with a Master of Social Work.
- Attended the University of North Carolina at Charlotte as a post-baccalaureate student in psychology in 2015.
- Graduated from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2011, with a Bachelor of Music in Music Education Degree.
- Gottman Level 1 Training, 2018
- Gottman Level 2 Training, 2018
- PSI Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care Training, 2021
- PSI Perinatal Mental Health Advanced Psychotherapy Training, 2022
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker Associate (LCSWA), 2018-2021
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), 2021-present
- Perinatal Mental Health Certification (PMH-C), 2022-present
- Robyn sees adolescents, and adults, ages 12 and up.
Robyn accepts the following types of payment and health insurance:
- Private Payment (cash, check, credit card)
- Most Blue Cross Blue Shield plans