Nkecha Rucker is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Care Counselor with over 20 years of experience in the field of education and educational research. She completed a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Norfolk State University, a Master of Education degree in Language & Literacy from Salem College, and a Master of Arts degree in Counseling from Wake Forest University. She completed her graduate clinical internship with Novant Health Outpatient Behavioral Health, where she gained experience providing individual, group and family therapy for clients with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
Nkecha brings a wealth of experience serving families and students with learning disabilities, emotional/mental health disorders, as well as challenges with secondary/post-secondary transitions. With this experience, she has developed an expertise in developing an individualized, client-centered, collaborative approach to client care. Throughout her career, she has also worked with adults, using reflective, solution-focused techniques to meet individual and organizational goals. Nkecha has a passion for international education/outreach and has worked and provided outreach in education, healthcare and nutrition in Africa and the Middle East.
Although she uses an eclectic approach to meeting individual client needs, Nkecha primarily uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to address cognitive distortions, that can produce negative self-talk, emotions and behaviors. She has a passion for supporting others in their journey towards self-discovery and is very intentional in providing an inclusive, therapeutic environment that is safe and supportive.
- Graduated from Wake Forest University: Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (2020)
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate (2021)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) (2021)
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction: Special Education (K-12)
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction: Reading Specialist (K-12)
- Nkecha sees clients from 12 years of age to adults.
Nkecha accepts the following types of payment and health insurance:
- Private Payment (cash, check, credit card)
- Nkecha is in the process of being credentialed with Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) and hopes to accept most BCBS clients soon!