Melissa Heustess is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in North Carolina. She obtained her BA in Sociology and Social Work, and a Masters in Social Work from ECU School of Human Ecology in 2000 with degree concentrations in Health and Aging. She is licensed in both North and South Carolina. Working in the social work field over 20 years, Melissa has expanded her clinical social work services by becoming a certified PSYCH-K (Psychological-Kinesiology) Facilitator and certified Holistic Psychotherapist from the Zur Institute. In addition, Melissa utilizes CBT, Symptom-Targeted Intervention, EMDR, Emotional Freedom Technique, and Positive Psychology techniques when appropriate.
Melissa works with children, adolescents, and adults at Lewisville Family Counseling. Her intention is to increase the emotional intelligence of individuals of all ages through counseling and energy psychology. During this process clients will build a foundation and skillset for emotional self-mastery while replacing limiting subconscious beliefs with self-awareness and self-confidence.
Melissa is also eager to provide effective integrative approaches which aim to change health behaviors for the dual purpose of helping people stay healthy and, when necessary, motivating adherence to chronic health condition treatment regimens. Upon request, clients have access to Quantum Reflex Analysis, which is a modality using acupressure to identify energetic weakness in the body. Melissa has used and recommended nutraceuticals as a knowledgeable herbalist over 20 years. As Melissa’s client, you also have access to professional-grade supplements and products, all within a holistic framework.
Overall, Melissa’s focus tends to center on the somatic aspects of mental and physical health. This is especially needed during the health and emotional issues facing the Western world at this time. With permission, Melissa may collaborate with your health providers as beneficial to your mental health. Because many mental conditions are related to their physical conditions, an important concept in her work is stress, a mental phenomenon with well-known consequences for physical health.
You will find Melissa trustworthy and uplifting as you go beyond the symptoms and examine causes. Melissa will guide you through the process of identifying what you want and unblocking subconscious barriers to achieving your identified goals.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Social Work, Elizabeth City State University
- Masters of Social Work with Concentration in Health and Aging, Eastern Carolina University School of Human Ecology
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in NC (2021)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker Associate in NC P013085 (2018)
- Certified Holistic Psychotherapist (2018 Zur Institute)
- Certified PSYCH-K Facilitator (2017)
- Certified QRA (Quantum Reflex Analysis) Practitioner (PRL-2017)
- Certified Herbalist (Gaia Herbs) (2018)
- Hypnosis Practitioner (2018) (Scottish Strategic Life Academy)
- Usui Reiki Master + Trainer (2016)
- Certified Life Coach (2018) (Scottish Strategic Life Academy)
- Energy Medicine Professional Association
- Melissa sees children (ages 9 and up), adolescents, and adults.
Melissa accepts the following types of payment and health insurance:
- Private Payment (cash, check, credit card)
- Melissa is in the process of becoming credentialed to accept Blue Cross Blue Shield (With the exception of Blue Value, Blue Local, and Medicare)