Now accepting new clients at a rate of $25 per 55 minute session for adolescents, adults, couples, and families!
Lauren Shriver is a Graduate Student Intern working with Lewisville Family Counseling. Lauren is currently working toward her Master’s Degree in Counseling with a focus on Couples and Families at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She plans to pursue licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA) after graduation and hopes to work in marriage and family therapy professionally. At UNCG, Lauren is a part of the International Honor Society for counselors, Chi Sigma Iota, and is a recipient of the Marian Franklin Counseling Scholarship and Greensboro Graduate Scholar Award.
Most recently, Lauren worked as the Associate Dean of Students for the Eastern Music Festival in Greensboro over the summer of 2018. She served as an on-site counselor for over 200 young musicians between the ages of 14 and 23, offering open office hours for students to discuss mental health issues. Lauren enjoyed combining her love of both counseling and music in this setting.
Since graduating with an undergraduate degree in music, Lauren has been teaching cello lessons and performing music throughout the Triad area, as well as working in a small family practice in Greensboro. Throughout these experiences, her passion for working with couples and families emerged, and she began her studies at UNCG in the fall of 2017.
- Graduated from the Jacobs School of Music at Indiana University with a Bachelor’s in Music and concentration in Cello Performance in 2012
- Currently completing her last year of the Master’s of Science degree in Counseling at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro with expectations to graduate in August 2019
- Gottman Method 1 Training, 2018
- Gottman Method 2 Training, 2018
- Adolescents (13 years and up) and adults, couples, and families
Lauren accepts the following types of payment:
- Private payment (Cash, check, credit card)
Lauren will be providing counseling at Lewisville Family Counseling from August 2018 through May 2019, at a significantly reduced fee of $25 per 55 minute session. She will be directly supervised by Jennifer Locklear.