Antoine Charles is a Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist and a member of the National Association of Alcohol Drug Addiction Counselors (NAADAC), Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC). He is a Certified Clinical Supervisor Intern by the North Carolina Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board. He is also a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate.
Antoine brings six years of experience of working with men in residential care for addiction counseling. He started out working with men in recovery as a ministry through a church. Later, he came to understand that individuals need substance abuse specific counseling in conjunction with addressing spiritual needs which led him to become an addiction and mental health counselor. Consequently, working in residential care gave Antoine an opportunity to provide services for co-occurring issues (homelessness, mood, anxiety and depression).
Antoine works with clients to evaluate their value system and what is meaningful and important to them in life. This is one piece of the puzzle which contributes to motivation for change and to successful outcomes in recovery and leads to a more harmonious lifestyle. Antoine is passionate about helping people who struggle with difficult emotions such as anxiety, depression, mood swings, guilt, shame, failure and disappointment manage their current issues and build new lives. Antoine believes individuals with various types of distress, including those associated with substance use, can work toward creating and achieving a new, balanced, healthy and natural lifestyle.
Antoine creates a safe, non-judgmental and open environment for recovery. In helping clients meet their goals, Antoine meets the client where they are in life and primarily uses an Adlerian approach (adjusting one’s value system and social interest), a strengths-based approach (solution-focused brief therapy) mindfulness, and motivational enhancement individually tailored for the care of clients. Antoine provides Christ-centered care for those seeking Christian counseling. He provides services to adults 18 years and up.
- Graduated from Liberty University’s Department of Counseling with a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling in 2018.
- Graduated from the School of Urban Missions with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Biblical Studies
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist, License # 23019, since 06/06/2018
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, License #A14770, since 04/16/2019
- Certified Clinical Supervisor Intern, Certificate # 21139, since 08/01/2018
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, Certificate # 21550, since 01/20/2015
- NAADAC # 141492
- Addiction Professionals of North Carolina
- Antoine sees adults 18 and over.
Antoine accepts the following types of payment and health insurance:
- Private Pay (cash, check, or credit card)
- BCBS (Except for Blue Value)