Thank you for visiting! Katie is not accepting new clients at this time.
Please contact the office at 336-945-0137 for more information.
Katie Forbes is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) for the state of North Carolina.
With over five years of experience, Katie’s professional career experience includes working with adolescents, young adults, adults, couples, and groups. Her areas of expertise include mood disorder; anxiety; stress; adjustment/transition; grief and loss; sexuality; time management; finance; relationships; family conflict; self-esteem; health and nutrition; women’s issues; and work-related issues. Katie’s psychoeducational group experience ranges from Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University to various on-campus college groups to women’s mentoring groups to groups focusing on personal enrichment, such as relationships and individual self-worth.
Katie’s approach revolves around an eclectic therapy model, featuring cognitive behavioral and solution-focused, brief therapy. Together, she will work alongside you to identify the presenting issue, create unique goals that complement the concern, and utilize sessions to focus on solutions in order for you to become the person God created and called you to be. Therapy is an educational experience – not just learning about yourself, but learning skills and tools that bring you to the point that you no longer need counseling and can manage to work through concerns on your own. Each therapy experience is tailored uniquely and specifically to you, and, if desired, Katie will integrate faith and spirituality into the counseling.
With an impression on transparency, compassion, and a genuine spirit, Katie is dedicated not only to creating a comforting, aesthetic atmosphere, but is also dedicated to building a healthy, supportive, and trusting partnership with you, which is crucial to the therapeutic relationship. Therapy is an investment in your well-being and a way to take care of yourself. Katie feels honored to be part of your story and your journey.
- Graduated from Southeastern University (Lakeland, FL) in 2011, with a Master of Science in Professional Counseling
- Graduated from Warner University (Lake Wales, FL) in 2007 with a dual Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Social Work
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), since 2017
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA), 2014-2017
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator, since November 2011
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of North Carolina
- Katie sees adults as well as teens, age 15 and over.
Katie accepts the following types of Payment and Health Insurance
- Private Payment (cash, check, credit card)
Blue Cross Blue Shield (except for Blue Value)